Thinking of You

Hello hello!  Happy Monday!
We're back for the second week of our gorgeous color challenge at Inky Paws and I hope you've had the chance to play along!
For my card this week, I combined a bunch of products from different companies, but ultimately I think they worked out perfectly together!  This card took several attempts to get right.  I really wanted to make sure the colors in our challenge were the star so I had to make a few designs before I found the one that I just loved.

The main focal point of the card is that gorgeous die cut heart in the center from Concord & 9th called Heartstrings Die.  I love this die cut but don't use it very often, so this card ended up being the perfect way to pull it back to the top of my stash.  I die cut several layers and then used one of the layers to watercolor in all the little middle parts with the colors from the challenge.

I layered the "frame" pieces up and then did some inlaying with the watercolored pieced so there is dimension around all that color.  I also made sure to spritz the watercolor pieces with some shimmer mist so they sparkle.

The background is a new die cut from Lawn Fawn called the Quilted Backdrop.  It's so gorgeous!  It's subtle so perfect to add some simple detail to the background of a card, but perfect to help pull a lot of different elements together.  I layered that over some lavender cardstock from Simon Says Stamp.

Then to pull in my Newton's Nook products, I used one of my all time favorite sets, Beautiful Wings (I know..not a cat set!  What is wrong with me??)
I white embossed a few butterflies onto some vellum and then inked them up with a dark purple ink before trimming them out and layering them onto my heart with a simple stamped sentiment banner.

I finished the card off with some White Blizzard Nuvo drops and that was it!!

I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge!!

Thanks so much for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love how you used the colors!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete