I Believe In You

Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are ready for our second week with the Buttons challenge at Inky Paws!

I had a lot of fun making this card! 
I have loved seeing all the different cards come out using the Distress Resist Spray...but I don't own that so I wanted to try and see if I could recreate it somehow with what I do have.  It's not quite the same...but the effect is still really cool.

The cool feature of the resist spray is the varied texture it leaves on your paper.  So in order to replicate that, I decided to try splattering water all over my card front and then applying clear embossing powder and heat setting it.  The water splatters offer different size droplets in a completely unpredictable and random pattern.  I did this several times, I think about 4 times before I got the look and quantity of splatters I wanted.

Once it was all heat set, I took several colors of distress inks in a rainbow order and swiped them across my card front.  The embossing powder resisted the ink and the texture of the watercolor paper help give some great detail to the swipes.  I buffed off any ink that may have been sitting on top of the embossing powder and then cut that panel out with a stitched rectangle die.

Using the Believe in Unicorns set, I stamped and colored in one of the images and then trimmed it out.  I embossed a sentiment onto a piece of vellum and layered my unicorn on there as well.

Then came the mission of the buttons.  I have a serious lack of buttons in my stash so I decided to do what I always used to do and make them!  I used a 1/2 inch punch and inked up a bunch of papers in the same colors as the background.  Stacked 4 high and then used an eyelet punch to make the holes!  I clear embossed each button to get that shine and then tied a little string through the center of each button and lined them up across the middle of my card before layering my little vellum focal piece over top.

I hope you'll join us for this fun buttons challenge!  Just a few days left!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love the rainbow colors and how you coordinated them with the buttons! Super cool!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete