Forever Remembered

Hello and happy Monday!
We're continuing our color theme challenge at Newton's Nook this week with some more awesome inspiration!  I hope you'll stop by Inky Paws to check out what the team has made!
For my card, I chose to go with a feline sympathy card.  I work at a boarding facility for cats and we have lost several of our long time feline friends over the last couple of months.  I always feel it can bring a little extra comfort to those families to receive a little handmade card letting them know how much their kitty meant to us too.

I decided to do a simple washy watercolor background on my card with the colors from our challenge.  So I pulled out the Pawprints Stencil and added some embossing paste through it onto my watercolor panel that was cut with the Flags and Frames die.  Once the paste was dry, I added my watercolor.  I love that the embossing paste soaks up a little bit of the pigment and darkens just a little bit to add some fun extra detail to the background.

While that panel dried, I cut out a few clouds to add to the corner.  Then stamped and clear embossed my kitty and sentiments from the Furr-ever Friends stamp set.  I trimmed everything out and added it all onto my panel in the lower corner and then framed the whole thing with a black mat.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll join us for this fun color challenge!! <3

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and pretty! This card is sure to bring a bit of comfort for a lost friend!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete