All I Want for Christmas...

...is Mew!
Lol!  Happy Monday everyone! 
It's a good day today!  Matthew gets his cast off, we might finally get our Christmas tree!  I'm super excited!
So lets jump right into our newest Inky Paws challenge for you!  It's a sketch this time!  I love sketches!  It's a great starting point to really get the gears churning for an idea.  Sometimes I stall out on the design of a card...I'll have all my elements figured out but how to arrange them can be challenging.  So having a sketch handy makes the design part super easy!  I know you'll love this sketch challenge!
For my card, I've used an older set from Newton's Nook - Newton's Christmas Cuddles.  I think this set is so adorable and I couldn't stop myself from using this sweet little present kitty.  I've colored him up to look like my little Ezio...climbing into a present seems like just the thing he'd do :)

I stamped a tone on tone background just to give the card some texture and detail but I kept it subtle because I wanted my images to shine.

After coloring in my image, I die cut a little stitched rectangle and stamped a few extra presents on it to fill in the scene.  I added a little flagged banner behind my image and wrapped a little piece of twine around the whole card front.  To that twine, I attached a little tag that I had stamped the remainder of my sentiment on.  So combined the whole thing reads:  All I want for Christmas is mew!  Makes me smile :)

I hope you'll join us for this awesome sketch!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Just remember to use Newton's Nook products on your projects!!!

Thanks for visiting! <3

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card! So well designed and the tag is such a great addition! Thanks for the fav at the Newton's Nook Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I really love how you colored Newton and added the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love the way you used the sketch and the coloring is fabulous! Thanks for the awesome challenge inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete