Santa Paws!

Hello hello and happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  I'm here with a new card for our current color challenge over at Inky Paws!  You still have a few days left to enter so don't delay!
For my card today, I started by taking one of the new stencils from Newton's Nook - Snowfall - and blending over it with some white pigment ink onto black paper.  I let the first layer dry and then did it again.  This helped get a nice bright image.  While that second layer was still wet, I sprinkled on some glittery embossing powder and heat set it so now the snowflakes provide some great sparkle on this card!

I set the background aside and worked on coloring up my images from the new Santa Paws Newton set with my ShinHan and copic markers.  Once they were colored, I trimmed them out and added them to some rolling snow hills that I did a little soft blue coloring on.  I also added a little bit of shimmer to the hills since snow always seems to have a bit of sparkle to it.  Then I foam mounted my images and added some glossy accents to the snow bits and parts of the hats as well as a little clear glitter.

This card turned out so stinkin cute!  I love that sweet little kitty popping up out of the chimney!
I hope you will join us for this challenge!  Just remember to use a Newton's Nook product on your card!

Thanks so much for stopping by! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I'm in love with that black sky and the white embossed snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete