Black and White Christmas

Hello everyone!  Happy Monday!
It's time to remind you about our current sketch challenge happening at Inky Paws right now!  You only have a few more days to enter, so don't miss out!
For my card, I used some of the absolutely amazing new products from Newton's Nook.  I started with my background and took a piece of black cardstock and ran in through my cuttlebug using the new Holiday Foliage Stencil.  I absolutely love the new line of stencils Newton's Nook has released!  They are perfect for any background or card you decide to make!  So awesome!  While the stencil was still in place, I used my versamark ink pad and pressed it over the whole thing so I could then heat emboss all the details with white so everything is double embossed!  It's not really that noticeable..but it does give everything some really cool dimension.

After the background was embossed, I used my stardust glitter pen to add little dots to fill in all the spaces between the foliage, and then added little tiny dots of glossy accents over top.  Then I set to work on my focal point for the card.

I used the Pines and Holly Die Set to cut out a few branches and leaves and then did some quick watercolor washes over them to get them colored up.  Once they were dry, I layered them together behind a red bow cut from the same die set.

I double layered some vellum, giving the back layer a scalloped edge.  Then stamped and black embossed my sentiment from the Sentiments of the Season set before flagging the end and adding that behind my little foliage cluster.

Be sure to see the rest of the awesome inspiration put together by my team!  Then join in to win a Newton's Nook gift card!  Just remember to use Newton's Nook products!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! <3

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this Holiday card! The black and white is stunning and the added red and green with the branches gives the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for the Inky Paws challenge inspiration!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete