Birthday Cupcakes!

Hello hello and Happy Monday!
Welcome to another new Inky Paws Challenge!!!  This one is super fun!  I'm always inspired by sketch challenges.  It's such a great way to have a starting block for your card when your mind just can't pull an idea together.  Some people can totally be inspired by an image, and that is wonderful!
But for me...the sketch is always what helps wrap my head around an idea.

Since my birthday was this weekend, I wanted to make something for myself :)
I absolutely adore the Newton Loves Cake stamp set, so decided to pull one of those images out and put it into a shaker card!
Now, I interpreted the sketch a little different from what it should be.  Here is the sketch:
But instead of doing 3 separate panels on the background, I used 3 different sizes of striped stamps.  It was an idea that popped into my head while I was working on coloring, and I just couldn't shake it out.  So I ran with it instead :)

I did a simple watercolor wash with some Tempting Turquoise and once that dried, took the Scenery Stripes set from Winnie & Walter, inked them up with Black Soot, misted them generously and stamped them down on my card base.  On a couple of them, I lightly tapped the acrylic block to get little splatters to shoot out the top and bottoms.  It was a really cool effect to add!  Once everything was dry, I went back over the stripes super quick with a glitter brush just to add some shimmer without moving any of the ink.

I colored in my kitty to look like my little Ezio, and of course gave him a giant chocolate cupcake.  There are also some candles sprinkled into the shaker window.  I wrapped some sparkly thread around the bottom and added a couple sentiment tags before tying it all off!

Hopefully you've found some inspiration here and are ready to join in this super fun sketch challenge!  Be sure to use a Newton's Nook product and join in!!

Thanks so much for visiting! <3

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love the colors you used and the fun way you interpreted the sketch! Plus, adding a shaker element is always so cool! Thank you for the Inky Paws challenge inspiration!

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Your card is fantastic! I really like how you created the background and the shaker element is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete