Father's Day Wobbler

Why hello there :)
It's been a while!  Can I just say that I don't even know what happened to May.  It started...then I blinked and it was gone.  But believe me...it was packed with adventure!  I got to spend a week in Georgia with my sister and niece, soaking up as many snuggles as I could while Matthew traveled off to Spain for work.  Then the week after that trip I took part in a 2 day street fair in Seattle.  That was only my second ever fair and it was FANTASTIC!  I really can't wait to get my little business into more street fairs now!

Then Memorial Day weekend and time spent with friends, and then here we are.  Already at June.  So lets kick this month off proper with a new challenge at Sami Stamps and some fun inspiration for ya!
I just love this little bow tie from Sami Stamps.  It's like my go-to image for Father's Day cards lately.  There are so many possible techniques and ideas to use with it.  I decided to challenge my coloring a little bit on this one and used an image of an actual bow tie as my guide.  Ultimately, I think it turned out amazing!  Best bow tie I've ever colored :)

Since it's a Father's Day card, I wanted to keep it relatively simple.  You can't really add a lot of bling and jazz to man cards...I think that's why they are so hard to make.  Nothing ever feels complete without shimmer and shine! (which I did sneak in there on the "rock" wording :) )

With the card being overall pretty simple, I needed to spice it up a little.  So why not add an action wobble!!!  I placed one of the mini wobbles behind the bow tie and stuck it down to my front panel.  It reminds me of those spinning bow ties that clowns wear to spray people with water.  But it's so cool!  Really jazzes this card up and makes it a ton of fun!

Our challenge this month is to add something glossy or shiny.  I hope you will join us!  Just be sure to use a Sami Stamps image.

Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous weekend!!!

0 Fabulous Comments: