Noble Little King

Happy Friday!
I have another super cute card to share with you today featuring one of the images from our newest Sami Stamps release - Little King.
This card was really fun to design and even more fun to put together.  I love it when things fall in to place exactly as I want them too!

I started by inking up a sun ray type pattern in the background with Fossilized Amber.  This is super easy to do.  All you need is a post it note!  I found the center of the top side of my card and made that my starting point.  Placed my post it note there and then took my ink blender, started on the post it and swiped away from it.  This left a darker line right at the edge of the post it that faded away.  Picked up the post it and moved it to the left of the line I just did and repeated the process around the whole card front.  So gorgeous!

Then I printed off my image and colored it in with some ShinHan markers.  I wanted quick and simple and for me, the markers are the easiest for that.  The image was cut out with an oval die cut and then I matted it with black and did a scallop vellum frame around that.

To add some detail to the background, I took one of the awesome new dies from the September Hero Arts kit and die cut it a couple times.  Then took the same markers I used in my image and colored it all in to sort of look like wheat.

I wanted a really golden feel to this whole card and I think that was pretty well represented!  It's all finished off with a black glitter embossed sentiment and some Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Thanks for visiting! <3

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, I just HAD to comment! I always enjoy your cards. This one touched my heart. Love the wheat colors and what you did with the background. Now I need to go check my misc. dies & see if I have anything that looks like wheat! You never know...there might be something in there that would work! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete